Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What do dermatologists do when they take out blackheads?

I have breakouts. but to me...that isn't that bad. i have blackheaads on my nose and to me black bumps are worse than red pimples that go away in like 3 days. So ive tried everything for my blackheads..nothing seems to work...so i was thinking of going to a dermatologist to take them out becasue people say that they can do that. for anypne who has been to a dermatologist to get that done...please tell me excactly what they do and use, step by step so i can know....plzz plzz plzz plzz plzz plzz help!What do dermatologists do when they take out blackheads?
Blackheads are the absolute worst! I used to have very, very severe acne. I started getting it when I was 11 [yes, traumatic since no one else was dealing with it] and blackheads were all over my nose and around it. I went to a dermatologist and I wasn't expecting him to get rid of my blackheads, but all of a sudden he pulled out this little silver tool that was a little shorter than a pencil and very thin. At the end of it it was a bit like a foot, flat and thin as well. He used it to push down on the areas around my blackheads, causing them to come to the surface. Had I been expecting him to do it, I would have been nervous for no reason. I felt some pressure, but it never hurt, even the deep ones.





I definately think you should give it a try and also get an acne treatment. It doesn't have to be prescription, although they usually do work best.





Also, here are some tips that may help you out [sorry, I just love to tell people everything I know if I think it can help!]:





1) Change your pillowcases once a week, and halfway through the week flip your pillows over. You'd be amazed at how many bacteria sit there waiting for you to lie your head down every night!





2) Use a GENTLE exfloliating cleanser, a toner, and a lotion with benzoyl peroxide [less than 10% and 5% if you can help it]





3) Don't overwash your face. Once in the morning and at night should do, or if you exercise after you have finished.





4) It might seem strange, but try buying Aveeno's Soothing Bath Treatment and mixing 2-3 tbs [or more if it's needed] with a bit of water until you have a paste. Put it ALL over your face and let it set for 15-20 minutes. It helps lighten scars and it also pulls oil and other icky things out of your skin, helping clear up existing acne and prevent future breakouts. It's amazing. :)





5) Taking vitamins daily is also good, not just for your skin, but your overall health!





I really hope that I was able to help you. I wish I could tell you everything about acne and how to treat it. No one will ever get more sympathy from me than someone suffering from acne. It's horrible. :/ I'm sorry.





My e-mail address is heartandflame@hotmail.com for you or anyone else who may need some help with their skin. :)What do dermatologists do when they take out blackheads?
Aestheticians can extract blackheads too. When getting a facial, your face will be cleansed, exfoliated and then steamed, making the pores open and the sebum (oil) impactions soft and easy to remove. I don't use a tool on my clients (that can cause scarring), I just use my gauze-wrapped fingertips to gently exert pressure on the different areas. The sebum will ooze out easily, clearing the pores. Using a gentle cleanser at home twice daily (Cetaphil is a good one), a gentle scrub (nothing harsh or sharp) a couple of times a week and a clay mask on the oily parts (also 2x weekly) can help - clay is good at absorbing oil. Look for a clay based scrub too, or one with bentonite. And use a water based moisturizer daily, with sunscreen. If you dry your face out too much with benzoyl peroxide or Proactive-type cleansers, the only way your skin has to rehydrate itself is to produce more oil, which is why people who use harsh cleansers have a rebound effect. You want to add water (hydration) back into your skin, not oil.
i have the same problemmm. :[


the dermatologist i went to was going to take it out but i was scared but ow im like i should have done it.

No comments:

Post a Comment